stolen from Erin :)
In my 2008...What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Gave birth
Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I hadn't really made any, but this year I plan to loose the last five pounds from Gracyn, be a better Jew, pay off debt.
Did anyone close to you give birth? Me, Jhen, Michelle, etc.
Did anyone close to you die? My great-grandmother
What countries did you spend time in this year? None
What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Find an Assistant Principal job.
What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 14 - Gracyn was born and May 14th - we found out about her hand
What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Having my daughter
What was your biggest failure? Learning that I cannot control everything
Did you suffer any serious injury or illness? No
What was the best thing you bought? 2008 Honda Odyssey. LOVE IT!
Whose behaviour merited celebration? Miles, my mean and agressive cat, because he has been so great with the baby.
Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed? A NP at my OB's office and one of the doctors for not finding her hand before May and for their attitude regarding my pregnancy issues.
Where did most of your money go? Debt
Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier w/o a doubt
b) thinner or fatter? In the middle. Weigh a little more, but look okay
c) richer or poorer? I think I broke even
What did you get really, really excited about? Getting to meet my daughter, buying my van, going to Zoombezi Bay
What do you wish you'd done more of? Relaxing, reading, saving money
Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes, with a 5.5 pound doll baby!
How many one-night stands? N.O.
Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hm...I don't give people that I dislike that much effort
What was the best book you read? The Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult and Raising Girls and I forget the author.
What did you want and not get? Her hand to be a misread and be okay
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? As is a tradition in my life, my birthday sucked. Dave got me the 3-D US for my birthday and that is when we found out about Gracyn's hand (not that in retrospect I would change knowing because I wouldn't give that up for the world.). I turned 27.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Watching Gracyn play using a hand that in May we didn't know how well she'd be able to use it and finding out that it is nonsyndromic. And, having Dave's heart issue not be as serious as we thought it would be.
What political issue stirred you the most? Sarah Palin....I digress.
Who did you miss? My grandmother because I am sad that Gracyn will never get to meet her and be so loved and spoiled by her.
Who was the best new person you met? My daughter, duh!
Tell us a valuable life lesson(s) you learned in 2008. That I cannot control everything and that, in the end, everything works out as it should.
What sums up this year? (a word, a quote... ?) Journey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi, I came upon your blog when I was googling something. My daughter (2.5 yrs) has Symbrachydactyly too. I didn't have time to go through your posts and see how you're doing but if you need anything or want to talk please send me an email! wonderfullymadebabies@yahoo.com
-Jessica
Post a Comment