3.09.2009

I just don't get it.

Last night Dave and I were watching Big Love and Rock of Love. Our Sunday night ritual. At any rate, we were watching it and in both shows the women were talking about drama finding them. I seconded that motion. I swear, I could stay in my house and not talk to a soul for thirty days and STILL have some frickin' drama. I am not going to act like I am an easy person to love and all, but I swear to you that drama seeks me out and my name is always brought up some how.

Case in point: Today at work, I had a great day. The kids were good and I taught my hide off. A good day. I ended my day with a confusing conversation with another adult that left me feeling like I am surrounded by lame people who search out things to be pissed off about. That got me thinking...I know A LOT of those people. I mean in the grand scheme of things are PANTS really more important than academics? Cell phones more important that AYP? Departmental feuding more important than curriculum that actually engages the kids? No I say, no dammit!

So, what I just don't get is (drum roll please!) why people cannot focus on what really matters in situations instead of petty crap. And what really irks me is that the kids honestly believe it'll get better when they get older and it won't. In fact, it is more difficult to understand and deal with because at damn near thirty years old, and some times older dependent on the other party involved, people have not found purpose, a focus, or figured out what it is that is really important in the grand scheme of things.

Okay. Idiot induced vent over :)

No comments: