9.28.2009

Reflecting

Today is Yom Kippur. I am off of work and at home with my daughter. I am fasting in repentance of my indiscretions to others. Sundown to sundown.

In reflecting on the year, so much has changed. For the better, mostly. My daughter is walking, flourishing, in fact. Dave is doing well at work. Nate is now a middle schooler and is adjusting well. My parents are in a better place than this time last year, and that makes me ecstatic. I am at a new school and very happy to be there. I was trying to think of those that I have wronged in the last 365 days. I don't recall wronging some one in particular, however I can say that I didn't do my best when it came to certain things and situations.

To my Canal kids, I apologize for leaving you. I had to, for my sanity. I also apologize for getting caught up in school drama and sometimes not giving you 100% of me.

To my daughter, I apologize for ever thinking that you couldn't do something. Boy, did you prove me wrong.

To my friends and family, I apologize for being a bummer. I tend to dwell and I know that when I was unhappy where I was working I was a downer.

To G-d, I apologize for not being the best Jew I can be. I could have applied myself more and done more for our religious community. I vow to work on that this year.

Looking back, I never imagined that I'd be who I am today. I had my life planned out and it didn't look quite like it does today. Several things were different, but most definitely not better. I am grateful for my blessings and for who I am today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That brought a tear to my eye. I hope this year is filled with happiness and love.