Gracie had singing class tonight (it is through recommendation from our friend Amanda whose daughter GiGi loves it) through WeJoySing. She loved it! She doesn't actually sing, obviously, but they get to play with instruments and we sing to them and play with them. It was fun.
I was sad though. In one part of it they asked the parents to help the babies learn to clap...problem. Gracie kind of claps. She can't really clap because she only has a palm on that one hand and it is a lot smaller. I was sad because when it is just us or just an outing at the mall or something it isn't an issue, but tonight was the first night that Gracie was noticeably different from her peers. She didn't care and no one else did either, I was just sad.
After the class was over, the lady in charge came over and was talking about how cute she is. I was thinking about a nice way to bring up the fact that I would need to make modifications for her sometimes and the lady stopped me and said, "Oh sweetie! I knew about her hand. My owner had looked at your blog and told me about her condition. It's fine. You do whatever you need to do for her." It was sweet. Sweet that the owner had done all of that and sweet what the woman said.
www.wejoysing.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment