As a high school teacher, I encounter a lot of "friend" drama with my kids. I always try to explain to them that they shouldn't sweat it because they hardly ever remain friends with people from high school because people grow and change.
Today I got to thinking about my friends and what they mean to me and my life.
Tammy - my surrogate mom. She is my grounding. The one that pulls me back down to earth and plays the devils advocate for me. I love her and will miss seeing her everyday. My Martha Stewart. She is the friend that I rely on most.
Jada - my comic relief. She is a paradox; full of bravado and gusto with a splash of love and charm. A fellow English teacher, and former Panther, I could sell some of her stories and make a huge payday! She is my shopping buddy and the one that understands how I feel the most.
Danielle - My oldest pal. Known her since tenth grade. We've had our ups and our downs. We've been there for each other in the worst of times of our lives. She helps me remember my past and where I come from.
Megan - Another Panther :) She is my cheerleader and Mickey Mouse club leader. She is the sweetest woman I know; her heart is huge and I can always count on her to be the same, a constant. The farthest away, yes, but so close in my heart.
Jhen - I miss her. Also a Panther. My eccentric SAHM. She is the one that always remembers my birthday and will leave me a message out of the blue just saying hi. I admire her spunk and her willingness to be nuts.
Sherry - My grandma, of sorts. Saint Sherry. G-d couldn't have made a nicer person if he tried to. I'll miss her next year as we both embark on our new journeys. Only Sherry truly loved me for all that makes me "me". I wish that I had half of the soul she does.
Janine - my mentor. My bud. Always thinking that exact same thing as me in meetings. Always there to tell me that I a. ROCK! or b. need some work. My own personal advice columnist. A great mother, a great professional, and a great friend. She is what I aspire to be.
And Dave - my hubby and my BFF. I love him and I hate him...all being normal. I cannot imagine what I'd do without him to say things like, "Let me caution you..." or "You are not ____________. You are beautiful"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment