I have professional development this week with my new school. It is going fabulously. I am so happy I made the move. I knew I would be, but this week has truly affirmed that I made the right decision. I am back home one might say.
I am on the ground level of some great things. Things that, we are hopeful, will change the face of urban education. I really feel like urban education is my niche...where I belong. Don't get me wrong, I love, and already miss, my old kids. One time, when I was melting down at work because of work adult drama, a colleague of mine said something that I truly believe now. She said, "Teachers touch lives and maybe you have done all of the work you were supposed to do here and you need to go touch other lives some place else." Not only was it fitting because I left with the kids I started with, but it is fitting because it means that I have a great purpose.
So here (lifts proverbial wine glass) is to touching the lives of new kids while maintaining a positive influence on those that I have already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment