Lost. That is what I am. Since our levy continues to fail, we have to layoff 30 teachers and 10 classified staff. 30!? Where in the hell are we going to get 30 people to layoff without our kids' education lacking tremendously? I am one up from the bottom in my certification area. I don't want to get laid off...I hate that feeling. While I am used to it, I love my kids and want to leave on my terms dammit. I'll find out in early to mid March if I am impacted. It pisses me off...but I digress.
I had to develop a game plan, an action plan of sorts. Here is what I have option wise:
a. wait to be recalled (not likely if it does come to me)
b. apply other places to teach English and/or be an Assistant Principal
c. go back to CPS (which I don't hate because it would help me get my foot in for an AP job faster...maybe)
d. go back to the private sector in training or sales
e. go back to school for nursing (which I am always toying with anyway)
f. sub (ug...I loathe that option; e might be combined with f.)
I am so blessed and I am a firm believer that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. But in the interim, I pray that things work out for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment