8.03.2008

Grown-Up Cliques

Nate started rec football this week. Gracyn and I went to practice Friday night and saw, what Dave affectionately refers to as the "Yentas", the mothers sitting in their respective"clique's". It was special. There were two factions. The cool kids and the wrong side of the tracks ones. Needless to say, we sat in the middle between the two factions.

It seemed silly to me. Grown women with kids, mortgages, and husbands sitting there staking claim like in a high school cafeteria. I don't get it. Maybe it's because I didn't get it when I was in actual high school. It just seemed petty and lame.

They sat there glaring at one another, whispering and talking trash about so and so's kids', outifit, husband, etc. and all I could think was that they were those people in high school and that they were breeding another group of those people in high school. Oh my.

1 comment:

crrv said...

This is so funny. I thought I was the only one noticing these cliques. Wait til she gets older and you take her to the park, these women are there too!
Cassie (crrv)