8.08.2008

Update from the hand doctor

We saw Dr. Popp today. He said it isn't ABS, it is Symbrachydactyly. I have attached links below that explain it pretty well.

Odds: 1:30K

This is what he said:
-It isn't ABS, it is a genetic mutation.
-We need to see a genetic counselor to make sure it isn't syndromic.
-She will be in OT when she is older (1 yr +).
-He is not going to remove her fingers (nubbins).
-He is not going to do surgery while she is little because he doesn't want to waste a surgery when something better can come along.
-We see him again in six months (February)
-He was very happy with her elbow, arm, wrist etc. All that is why he said it wasn't ABS.


http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Symbrachydactyly

http://www.childrenshospital.org/az/Site1108/mainpageS1108P0.html


Overall, I am okay. We're okay. It was a little disheartening because I feel like I am back to square one. I had all those months to adjust to it being ABS and now it's not. I liked Dr. Popp. He was honest and nice and real and we needed that. I feel like I failed at correct procreation. I know it makes zero sense, but I do feel like that. It is hard because Dave made Nate and he came out fine, but here we are. I love my daughter and wouldn't trade her for anything, she is perfect to me, but I accept that there is something wrong with her and I can't help feeling like it's my fault. I don't know. That's all I can say for now.

No comments: